The Weight Watchers diet is a favorite weight loss and weight management system which has loyal followers across the globe. Jean Nidetch is credited with starting the idea as a support group with some of her friends in the 1960s. From these humble origins, the Weight Watchers diet plan is now an organization helping millions of members to lose weight and lead healthier lifestyles
Based on the famed SmartPoints system, the program has groups, one on one coaching and online chat support and encourages increased physical activity through its FitPoints system. The program encourages longer-term modifications for a healthier and more fulfilling life for its members. The Weight Watchers diet plan has been endorsed by a number of celebrity and personalities who recommend it as a healthy and safe weight loss method.
The Process of The Weight Watchers Diet Plan
Members are assigned a SmartPoints target according to their weight, height, age, goals and gender. Fruits, vegetables and some proteins like fish, shellfish, skinned chicken, non- fat yogurt and eggs carry zero points while high-calorie foods carry the highest point on the Weight Watchers menu. A member is given the flexibility to choose their meals as long as they remain within their limits.
Regardless, the Weight Watchers menu encourages packing up on fruit and vegetables and healthy proteins while avoiding fatty and sugary foods. Exercise can be any activity from everyday things like cleaning or walking and each activity can be logged into the FitPoints system to achieve targets.
- It is backed by research as a healthy and permanent weight loss method
- It is well structured and easy to follow
- Offers various support platforms to its members
- May prove tedious and time consuming for some
- It requires payment for membership which may be too costly
- Requires self-discipline as it doesn’t restrict any foods
Who Should Do It
The Weight Watchers diet is recommended for those looking to lose weight gradually and healthily in a supportive and information-centric environment. The diet is very well organized and ensures results for anyone willing to adhere to its principles. It can be a great way to revitalize health and overall wellbeing.
Meal Plan Ideas
- Breakfast: Goat cheese, spinach and tomato omelet
- Lunch: Barley and mushroom soup
- Dinner: Super-easy spaghetti and meatballs with Italian arugula salad
- Breakfast: Cranberry-walnut oatmeal
- Lunch: Egg, veggie and avocado salad with tarragon
- Dinner: Ginger and scallion stir-fried brown rice with ginger shrimp
- Breakfast: Mashed avocado tortilla with tomato
- Lunch: Turkey, apple and blue cheese wrap
- Dinner: No-noodle vegetable lasagna